The Museum houses local history with artifacts dating from the early 1800’s.
The Celine G. Philibert Cultural Centre features art exhibitions and musical entertainment.
Until 1980, the museum was located in the basement of the town hall on Main Street. In 1981, the town purchased a new building (a former wing from the barracks hospital) and a lot at 200 East Orvis Street to become the museum’s home. A large addition was constructed in 1995. November 2017 saw the completion of our move to our current location at 79 Main St. In addition to the Museum the new Cultural Centre houses an exhibition gallery for exhibits.